Monday, February 20, 2012

How to view my Samsung camera videos on my computer?

Windows Media player won't play my camera's video, it says 'video cannot be displayed'. Also the Samsung software gives me an error message. I tried Quicktime player with no success. Any suggestions?How to view my Samsung camera videos on my computer?I think your video foramt is mts. Many cameras record videos in such format which cant be read by many softwares. So we usually use a video converter to transcode this file to wmv, avi, mov or mp4 for playback. Here i recommend u this video converter ( http://wannasoft.com/Pavtube-Video-Conve鈥?/a> ) which is the best video converter i ever used. It can convert between any video files with good quality.



Good LUCKHow to view my Samsung camera videos on my computer?Read this then see my link at bottom.



Hi, your windows media player will probably play these files but doesn't have the codecs installed for it. You have 2 choices, either install a good codec pack to make wmp play about anything or get an alternative player to play these videos. I recommend shark007 codec pack, vlc player, gom player, or the kmplayer. I do not recommend k-lite codec pack, it has broken my system 3 times now. I do not recommend quicktime either, unless it's quicktime alternative. Uninstall any codec packs you may have prior before installing anything I recommend.



Vlc can play almost anything without a codec pack, it will not use one external codec whatsoever it uses ones built in only. So you cannot add codecs to vlc. Most people don't realise this.



Only problems i've had with vlc are playing 3gp and 3g2 files. It will give video and no audio. Gom player and kmplayer will play 3g2 and 3gp just fine so will windows media player with shark007 pack installed.



The shark007 codec pack will make windows media player the default for almost all files if you choose so in the shark007 options window under the help tab "windows filetype association". But its not limited to any player it will work with gom and kmplayer.



Here is what I would do if I was you. Install shark007 and make windows media player the default. Then install vlc, and in the vlc setup choose not to associate the files with vlc. This way you can use windows media player as default and if you still run across a file it wont play. You can right click and choose to open that certain file with vlc. Gom and kmplayer will be your last alternatives.



I hope this helps you out. If not post a followup here and I will do my best to help you out. See my link below for official links for shark007 and follow the instructions I have given to install shark007 for windows media player. Then see the links at the bottom of my link for official sites of these media players. You cannot beat these players.
  • harcourt math
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment