Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do i connect my (Hi8) Samsung video camera to my computer, in order to save the videos on my pc?

the camera is a (2004 i believe) Samsung, that takes Hi8 tapes, with an 880x digital zoom. I had assumed the camera would easily load to my pc, but it hasn't so far. Any ideas would be much appreciated.How do i connect my (Hi8) Samsung video camera to my computer, in order to save the videos on my pc?if your camera has no 1394 IEEE (Firewire) port, you need to run it through a camcorder that does, like a mini-DV camcorder for instance. for that, you'll need an S-video cable and 2 adaptors for the audio cables so you can connect the camcorders together. if you don't have a mini-DV camcorder to use as an analog-to-digital converter for your Hi8 camcorder, I believe a lot of people rely on programs like Pinnacle to get the job done.How do i connect my (Hi8) Samsung video camera to my computer, in order to save the videos on my pc?If you have an analog (VHS) camcorder鈥?br>
You need an analog converter, either internal card or external such as the dazzle. It's very easy to use and come with good software. You would hook your analog VHS camera or VCR to the analog converter, the dazzle and then hook the dazzle to your PC. The dazzle cost around 70.00 , but worth the money if you have a lot of VHS to tapes to convert.



**Please Note There is no 8mm or Hi 8 to VHS Adapter that currently exsists. This type of VHS Adapter only exsists with VHS-C tape**

No comments:

Post a Comment