Sunday, January 29, 2012

How can I connect my Samsung blu-ray player to home cinema system?

I recently purchased the samsung bdp-1500 and want to connect it to my samsung ht-tz225r 5.1 home cinema system (with dvd). I also have sky hd+ and a samsung hdtv. How would i go about this?



Thanks in advanceHow can I connect my Samsung blu-ray player to home cinema system?Home theater in a box are not flexable as a receiver, and yours does not have the connection for a blue ray disc to decode the new sound track in blue ray disc. You cant coonect your Blue Ray disc player via HDMI to your monitor/tv and an optical or coax cable for sound to your HTB. If you tv/monitor does not support 1080P you will not take adavantage of the blue ray picture quality (you won't be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080P in screen size small than 46").How can I connect my Samsung blu-ray player to home cinema system?Unfortunately, there's no really good way to do this. You're about to find out about the dark side of those home theater in a box systems, like the one you've got there.



Based on the specs I see for that system, you'll want to connect your BD player directly to the TV via HDMI. That home cinema system doesn't support the lossless HD audio formats (Dolby TruHD, DTS-HD MA), and the BD player doesn't decode those formats internally. If you had a BD player that would internally decode those audio formats, you could connect it to the home cinema system via the optical audio cable.



This is precisely why I recommend never using those home theatre in a box setups - you've got no flexibility at all with input and output types.How can I connect my Samsung blu-ray player to home cinema system?If your surround system has an optical input just run your HDMI into your tv for video and then run an optical cable for sound straight into your surround receiver from the Blu Ray. Turn off the tv's sound. Go into the Blu Ray set up menu and in the audio area choose bitstream. It will work very well. I have a Sammy BDP 1400 and have it hooked up this way and it is great sounding.



You can attach your sky the same way, HDMI into tv for pic, optical (or digital coax if your receiver has that) into the receiver straight from the sky box, bypass the tv for sound.



Change the inputs on the tv and the receiver as necessary.
  • long john silvers locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment